I’m Donata, and I’ve lived here in Jávea for the last five years with my husband, our two young children and our loopy Rhodesian Ridgeback.
We’re originally from North East Scotland. I write content for my day job and do a bit of a side-hustle in photography too.
The motivation behind starting this site was partly to get me writing regularly, but mainly to try to help people out, whether they’re thinking about a move abroad or are new to the area.
I remember the chaos of moving abroad and the first couple of years as an expat – it wasn’t always easy, especially with a young family.
When I’m not at my computer, behind the camera or running around after the kids I like to spend time catching up with friends – especially if it involves good food, a few beers and live music!
Anyway thanks for stopping by, and I hope you find some of the content useful.
If you have any questions about life here then please just drop me a message, I’m always happy to chat and if I don’t know the answer I’ll try to put you in touch with someone who does.
Disclaimer and all that type of stuff below… 🙂
I realise that putting myself and my ramblings ‘out there’ on the world wide web could potentially case a few differences of opinion with readers. Alternatively it’s entirely possible that no-one will read my site. Hey ho. But just on the off chance, I’d just like to make the following points:
- It’s nice to be nice. So please don’t troll. Why bother wasting the time and energy? If you don’t like what’s being said, maybe it’s best to try a different site. There are quite a lot of them out there.
- Following on from the above I also reserve the rights to edit or delete any comments submitted to ourlittlespanishlife.com without notice if they’re deemed to be spam, or contain language or concepts that are offensive or attack a group or person individually or personally.
- The posts and information are all written by me, unless stated otherwise, and are based on my own personal experiences and opinions. Ditto recommendations. Your own experiences might be completely different, or you might disagree, or feel that there should be an inclusion of another local business – if so feel free to get in touch and let me know.
- Please don’t quote any of the information as legal advice – there are plenty of qualified representatives of Spanish Law in the area and I’ll happily pass on their contact details. I don’t claim to be an expert on expat life, I’m just trying to compile some useful information for people who might find it helpful. Thank you for your understanding.
- I try to keep the information on this site up to date, but if you spot any errors or mistakes then please do drop me a line and let me know. Additionally I urge you to double-check opening hours before you set off on a journey somewhere – they can change with the time of year here in Spain, or because of fiestas and local holidays that you might not know about.
- All of the photos on this site, unless stated otherwise (I’ll always tag photos or artwork that aren’t my own to their original source or creator), have been taken by me. If you’d like to use them elsewhere then a credit to ourlittlespanishlife.com would be very much appreciated.
- Any personal and/or contact information provided to me will be kept private. I solemnly swear never to spam in any way, shape or form, and I will not sell on or disclose your information.
Thanks for reading, and for visiting!
The photo at the top of the page of us all at the beautiful Granadella Beach was shot by the amazing Paul of PMG Photography.